DIY: Homemade Honey Barakah Drops

Alhamdulilah I have been sharing on Traditional Muslimah Homemaker about DoTerra Essential oils and how much we enjoy them mashaAllah. I saw this awesome recipe using one of my favorites!!! Good timing too as so many are getting sick, subhanAllah may Allah heal them all and protect us ameen ameen

One of my favorite oils from DoTerra is Onguard. MashaAllah I was given this oil as a gift from a friend.

Why do I love it?

Well that particular oil is a combination of different oils, all helping that combat against colds, the flu. and known to kill harmful bacteria and mold.

And yes you can take these oils internally, naturally everyone should research more, ask questions, consult those you may need to and determine for oneself. This is not to take the place of medical advice but offer and suggest different aids in healing mashaAllah



So are you ready to make these awesome cough drops?

You will need:

2 cups sugar, we used pure sugar cane
1/4 cup butter or ghee
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water

And 3-5 drops of DoTerra's Onguard

You combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the Onguard in a pot and cook on low near medium heat, until it reaches a hard crack stage, thats about 300 degrees

Heres my thermometer :

It tells you when the food is at hard crack stage, but if you dont have this type just know its 300 degrees

During the process, you can place a spoon of it in cold water and it threads then you stop it.
I waited until it reached hard crack stage then I stopped it, let it cool for a minute and then added the doterra oil to it.
After that I poured the honey onto a greased cookie sheet. Once I could handle it, i begin to twist them like ropes
Then after twisting them like ropes, . and then I quickly begin to cut them (because remember it gets hard quick as it cools )

Here: 

And they were yummy, but of course we stored them in a ziploc bag and intend to use them sparingly inshaAllah.

For the Doterra oils go here: DoTerra Store

To Get a membership and get awesome discounts:  Sign Me To Get Oils At Awesome Prices!!!
Don't forget if you heard about DoTerra from us first, when you enroll add our referral number 555541 jazakAllahu khayr!!!

Alhamdulilah I also learned about the recipe from this website: www.graciousrain.com


doTERRA's On Guard is known for its strong abilities to kill harmful bacteria, mold, and viruses.  - See more at: http://www.yourwellnesswithwendy.com/blog/2013/03/doterra-tuesday-on-guard#sthash.5V0gEqvi.dpuf

Comments

Popular Posts