Homemade Bread Recipe and Making Bread In A Crockpot

Alhamdulilah spring is here and summer is approaching. Sometimes sisters do not like to bake much bread in the summer because the oven makes the whole place extra hot!

Which is understandable, I usually make cooler foods in the summer... lots of salads,  tuna fish etc and fruit salads. My family really enjoys it mashaAllah and there are days where being over a hot stove in the heat can be a bit unappealing! So I learned recently how to bake bread in a crockpot.

In the past I would let my bread rise in the crockpot, even preheating it prior to placing the bread in. There is a setting on our crockpot that has a warm selection. While I am mixing and kneading, the crockpot is being warmed for the bread to rise in. After I am doing I turn the crockpot off and let it rise inside, on top of parchment paper. After a hour f rising time ...Then turning the crockpot on low I let the bread cook inside for 1 and half hours.

If you do not mind the shape of the finished product it will make a good bread mashaAllah! I don't mind the oval shape, neither do the children. I read this no knead recipe online and after mixing it you dont have to knead it, just let it rise.



No knead bread recipe on the link is where I also read about how to make bread in a crockpot:

Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon (1 packet) yeast
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup boiling hot water
  • 1 tablespoon oil

Directions  
  1. Add yeast, sugar, salt, and flour to a food processor fitted with a blade attachment.
  2. Process on low for 1 minute.
  3. Slowly add water, then oil.
  4. Process until dough is no longer sticking to sides, and forms a ball.
  5. Remove dough, form into ball.
  6. Place in greased bowl and cover with a towel.  Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.  Recipe from:  No knead bread recipe
Since I do not have the food processor I just mixed everything as usual mashaAllah alhamdulilah
I let mine rise in the crockpot and then after it rise I follow the next step of turning it on low and letting it cook for 1 and 1/2 hours.


Foods that you may want to make in the summer time:

Fruit Salads
Pasta Salads
Vegetable Salad
Tuna Fish Sandwiches
Hummus
Vegetable Wraps
Vegetable Tacos

What could you add?

If you use the stove or oven it's best to do it early in the morning when it is cooler out. Your crockpot is your best friend too!! It does not make the house hot and you can cook your dinners in there that you would normally cook on top of the stove

Crockpot recipes: Slow Cooker Meals












Comments

  1. As Salamualaikum,

    Mashaallah this is brilliant! I never knew you could make bread in a crock pot, I'm going to try this inshallah... I love that thing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

Popular Posts