Bread Making...Thoughts

This is a special task...one that I am so glad I started, in almost 6 years of marriage I am just learning over the winter that making bread calms my heart, gives me peace of mind, brings me closer to Allah, and is a good memory my children will have. People use shopping and other things as a means to rid of stress and feel good...for me it is baking bread..kneading the dough is something I enjoy...I also feel more motherly, watching my children eat their bread ..bread that "Ummi made"


Over the past couple months we have not bought store bread.. another plus for making my own bread alhamdulilah. 


Sisters, this makes for a great after fajr treat... such a wonderful feeling to rise early.. pray ..and put a lot of love and dhikr into each kneading of the bread..each mixture of the ingredients. What a wonderful way to reflect and get closer to Allah


Who knew bread making had so many benefits?


Good for your health, good for your heart and good for your iman


Also it helps to do this when the house is calm and quiet.. it's already near 10 a.m. and I am smiling to myself thinking of making bread after fajr tomorrow inshaAllah.. I already have a warm feeling inside <3

Comments

  1. Wait till you learn sourdough. It adds another level. Actually it adds several levels. First, creation and maintenance of the starter, then longer and more healthy fermentation. Unlocking more minerals and making them bioavailabile. Knowing that you only need three ingredients: starter, flour, and salt. Also you feel in touch with making bread the “real” way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

Popular Posts