Simple Stuffed Crust Pizza

Alhamdulilah this made for a good lunch today with the children, and they can even help. Today we made stuffed crust pizza.
I am not usually a "eat the crust" kind of person, but I do not like to waste the bread, so making it stuffed with cheese was the best route for me :)

I think next time I will make double the dough ingredients so that way when I roll the dough out I will be able to stuff it a lot with cheese. This was good for the first time but inshaAllah will improve it next time!

Dough ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup salad oil
2 tablespoons salad oil (for later) to put on the dough before adding the toppings: Pizza Dough Recipe It did not get good reviews from others but I like adding extra ingredients so the dough could have flavor.

Mix all the ingredients together, except the last one. I added additional ingredients like ground flax seed, honey wheat germ, and parmasean cheese in the dough... those are optional but just to make sure my dough had some taste to it, I added the parm cheese.

You may find you may need to add extra flour and milk to make it not so tough to roll out.

After you roll out the dough sprinkle the cheese of your choice near the edges. SOme websites suggested string cheese, but we prefer shredded cheese.

Then fold the edges over top of the cheese and pinch it close.

Hubby was kind enough to flatten the dough much more for me, <3 have to love that team Rahim work and it's good to have strong hands around.

Okay after that, you stuffed your crust!! Pretty simple right? Mental note for next time, put more cheese!! I have to remember the dough gets puffy so the more cheese the better for us.

Next add your toppings and put in the oven! :) mashaAllah yummy pizza in a short amount of time


I attempted to get a close up of the stuffed crust:

Comments

Popular Posts