Pregnancy and Homemaking

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.” (Quran – Luqman:14)


Alhamdulilah my adventures in homemaking began months after becoming pregnant. While making bread, homeschooling, writing The Journey Of A Muslimah Homemaker, and keeping up with editorial deadlines ..I was (still am) battling nausea, the ups and downs of pregnancy and being tired.  I ended up writing two articles on Homeschooling While Pregnant and Homeschooling While Pregnant- Natural Energy Boosters


I had a lovely chat with my twin sister whom is also pregnant (due a few weeks after me) and we talked about how am I able to get things done while being pregnant?  I totally thought this convo made for a good blog post. 


Hate to sound cliche but seriously : Take it one day at a time (I am sure hubby will laugh at this later) I like to do what is necessary first and if I have the energy for the other task I will do them or they may have to wait until tomorrow. We may not have the energy to get everything we want done the same day. You have to pick and choose which household blessings need to be tackled today and reserve some for tomorrow! I just know too many sisters who even have a hard time getting out of bed, and it is understandable. Slow and steady...take your time. This is not a race! You do not have to over work yourself. I like to say, I get more things done in a slow manner then if I rush to try and get in much in one day, by the end of the day I am very tired, sick, sore and not in a good mood all because I was rushing.


Consistency is good for me. Wake up early in the morning, write four things you want to accomplish that day.. a small load of laundry, the bathroom, etc and set out to do them before the end of the day. I feel bad if the day went by and I did not do anything, having some goals to accomplish makes me feel good and on my homemaking toes. 


Plan Ahead well some of us know from being pregnant that we are always sick or very tired the same time every day LOL. I am actually very tired around 8 p.m. so what does that mean for me? I get everything done before 8, the house is quiet and the children are fed by then. My husband knows at that time I am very sleepy or worn out. My days start between 5:30 a.m. or 6 a.m. so yes by 8 I am ready to shut down :) I like to have my bread done before 8, whether I made it by hand or used the breadmaker. The house cleaned, floor swept, food put away from dinner and it's down time. If there is motion going on alhamdulilah hubby is handling everything at that point


Always remember Allah, yep turning to Allah and asking for ease and strength and using the tools and things He provided to make our pregnancy journey much smoother.. Allah provided us with loving mates, and inshaAllah reaching out to them they will help in taking the load off when we need to take a load off. If you have older children, giving them small household blessings to accomplish will aid in helping us as well. Also taking a look at the natural Islamic energy boosters and use the wonderful blessed foods Allah has provided to help us get energy. I would be snacking on dates for many days, not only because its a natural blessed energy booster but it personally helped my nausea and it was yummy with cream cheese.


InshaAllah this helps our pregnant homemakers! Read Surah Maryam and many duaas>  Please keep me ad my family in your duaas as we are near the end of this beautiful journey



Comments

  1. Great post...wish I had read this when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are lovely things on your blog, ma sha Allah. i hope this blog will encourage sisters to take up the wholesome, old ways of homemaking.
    one thing, sister, im not sure the picture showing pregnancy is a good idea. the internet is open to all; why put up a picutre that invites attention.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let's keep it positive, what's on your mind?

Popular Posts