Delicious Pound Cake

SubhanAllah, Today I was craving something sweet and alhamdulilah decided to make pound cake! Simple. easy and yummy mashaAllah..it tasted like a oatmeal cookie but hey it was good! I also used wheat flour and not white.

To make this pound cake I used the following ingredients:


  • 2 Cups Sugar
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1/4 Tsp Saltshopping list
  • 1 Tsp baking soda
  • 1 Cup butter, softened
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 Tsp lemon extract
I replaced the vanilla and lemon with sugar...and because I did not have enough eggs I used flax seed as a substitute.. one teaspoon of flax seed and three teaspoon of water equals one egg, flax is always beneficial in foods and always makes a good egg substitute in my baking.

After mixing all the ingredients together and then adding the eggs (I had two eggs and made the rest egg substitute) I then put it in the oven at 325 and waited for 60 minutes (or less)

After that top it with your favorite topping, we had whipped cream mashaAllah and the family loved it
It was my first time making pound cake and it came out well!!


Just dhikr when you do it and put a lot of love into it.

Comments

Popular Posts